MARQUEL1823!!

There is something I have to put yall on to....

MARQUEL is a designer from Cali and I must say that he is going places, Its rare that I find a up and coming designers collection HOT! I have peep his collection and I would recommend it to any of my friends. His Line has be tested in LA,NY & DC receiving a lot of  good reviews. I actually got the chance to chop it up with him. I wanted to know about MARQUEL1823!

The Beginning 
He was inspired to get into fashion by watching his older cousin Marquise sketch and design t-shirts that helped sparked the interest, he started in 1998 but got serious around 2000-2001. According Marquel the best part about fashion design is seeing people in his clothes, feeling the fame of seeing someone happy to wear his clothes, But the most difficult part is staying relevant, he doesnt want to follow trends he wants to be different.


The Line 
Marquel makes clothes for all sizes (which I was glad to hear).His line will appeal to all ages. Since he hand crafts the clothes himself, I asked him about plus sizes clothes he being a big man himself he said "I gotta look out for the big men" .. I also asked is it difficult to make plus size clothing "Making plus size clothes its a little more expensive" but that doesnt seem to phase him. It must give a person a great feeling to know that Marquel custom makes his clothes, because they will know that every Tom Dick and Harry doesnt have your outfit on!

Marquel Fashion Mens Letterman jacket


Plus Size Designer Clothes 
Since Marc Jacob and Channel is making clothes for the plus size I wanted Marquel's opinion he said  "Big people need dope clothes" and I agreed because I'm a thick chick and and I wanna be able to wear whatever I want! So be on the look out yall!.
MARQUEL WOMENS DRESS-Howard Homecoming Fashion Show



Social Sites 
Since social sites are becoming more important I wanted to know if networking was easier for him because people it gets your stuff out faster? or harder because people can steal designs and call it there own? Marquel feels he is hot enough that its not an issue. 



The website: IamMARQUEL.COM 
I wondered when the website would be available  he couldnt pinpoint when but its coming soon so stay on the look out for that. But you can go to http://turnstyle4u.bigcartel.com/ to check and buy some of the clothes until the official site comes!.


Favorite Designers & Personal Style 
             Flip The Script
Couture- Fendi http://www.fendi.com/
               Yves Saint Laurent http://www.ysl.com/



Marquel's personal style consist of pair of 501 jeans a pair of fly kicks (retro nikes) and a crew neck tee-simple! that shocked me because his line is far from simple, so I can see that his work doesnt reflect his personal style!


So you can hit this hot urban designer on twitter @Marquel1823

Always remember "A THOUGHT MAKES MARQUEL A DREAM CREATES IT" -Marquel

Until Next Time Much Love -TRUTH
Tweet This

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Kiss Approved Or Not???


up